Monday, March 31, 2008

Been Busy

I've really been a busy little bee here the last couple of weeks or so. Been working on a really special pendant for a lady. It's going to be worn for her wedding. She had sent a photo of her dress and the style is like something out of a fairy tale, absolutely fabulous. The stone is a quite large Amethyst trillion. I just received her approval this morning and she's thrilled with it, yea!
I know it looks dark blue in the photos but it is a gorgeous dark purple Amethyst. The first photo is the one she sent me to show what her dress looks like. Isn't her in the dress though, wedding isn't until October

On top of that I'm completely redecorating my hubby's office. He's in a wheelchair so I enlarged the 30" door to 36" so he could get through easier. I'm now in the process of putting up wallpaper on the upper part of the walls. White beadboard wainscoting will then be on the bottom three feet.










9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is beautiful. Don't you love being a part of someone's special day?

Carol Ladine said...

Thank you Helen! Yep, I sure do, it's a real gas.

Swati said...

Wow Carol!!! This one is mind blowing!!! Would love a tutorial on this one. I have a Pink Topaz of this shape. Its an amazing design!!

Carol Ladine said...

Thank you Swati! I am going to create a tut for prong style settings for larger stones. It may be awhile though as I just completed the one on Sculpted wire pendant settings.

GAIL said...

Altho I think I understand, what is the purpose of the beautiful "extra" frame at the back of this pendant?

Is it to reposition the stone while being worn for better viewing?

Carol Ladine said...

The stone is quite deep from the top of the stone to the bottom of the culet (bottom point) If I hadn't made the extra frameing the pendant would wabble from side to side when being worn. By creating the deep frame the pendant will lay properly. Is this what you're wondering about?

Carol Ladine

Mel said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I have a huge clear quartz stone that is 60 carats and is really deep.
I've been pondering how to wrap it for a while now. I love this design with the "jacked up" look. Really protects the back of the stone nicely with out using a ton of wire! Thanks again!
When I put it on my blog I'll mention you!

Carol Ladine said...

Glad you like it Mel! I will appreciate the design credit!

Mel said...

Hi Carol,
I've finished my pendant and I've posted it on my blog. Feel free to check it out! Thanks again for the cool design idea!! Sure saved me a lot of wire!!